Tuesday 7 December 2010

CH - Background Digipack Design Finalized

After much discussion, we decided that the digipack would be better with one theme running throughout- simple graphics in the style of illustration.

With this in mind, I searched the internet for images of the band The Enemy, and the image left was the product thus. After our band shoot, I realized that the camera had not saved my images, which included images of all three band members with enough light quality to have visible clothing/outlines. This would make it extremely difficult to draw it in the same style as the other images, as they have very defined clothing lines.

Instead I decided to use the image above, of the actual members of the band The Enemy. I loved this photo immediately, as the aesthetics perfectly fit those of our adverts and digipack; the brick wall of my original design is even present.

I copied this image freehand, but moved the members around to be arranged in a more central location (using rule of thirds), so it fit better with the other images used. I am quite happy with the overall result; all that remained was to alter it minutely in photoshop to give it the finished effect of bold block greyscale.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Casey. It seems that the use of Photoshop on these images have worked to great effect.

    ReplyDelete