Wednesday 1 December 2010

CH - digipack designs refined

During our band performance shoot we all directed and shot photographs of the band actors, for use in research and our print work. However, upon returning to review these images later, it was found that the camera had not saved many. Among the images lost were the shots I had directed and shot for use in my digipack design; the shots as I took them were very successful, therefore upon loosing them I was unhappy.
Moreover, with the deadline approaching, there has been little oppurunity to reshoot the images. With this in mind, I asked my tutor her advice; I had began editing some other shots that I had taken with the intention of using these instead, yet she suggested that I draw our digipack design art, as she felt this returned me the artistic control and also built a better band aesthetic as these images are created specifically for that purpose.
The images above and below are the drawings I have done so far. Due to weather conditions I have been unable to confer with my group as to their opinion on them. I have been experimenting with use of colour and shading with these images in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these drawn images that you have done Casey. I always said how I liked the initial digipak that you drew, even if you did have the intention of replacing the images with photographs. I think that drawing is a way of developing our print texts, allowing us to break the conventions, as I think that this is what an indie band would do. Most bands of an indie genre are primarily about creating pieces of art when it comes to their print texts and less so much about the advertisement (although that does help). Good job Casey.

    ReplyDelete