Wednesday 22 December 2010

RC - Audience feedback development

I have carried out a survey to aid my audience feedback for my print text, this is because I did not manage to gain any responses despite posting the advert with questions onto the blog. Therefore I have taken it upon myself to approach people to get immediate answers, using the questions that I had asked in the post.

Q1. Do you think this advert is suitable for the indie genre?
Q2. Is the band image conveyed effectively?
Q3. Do you think this advert is visually arresting?

Due to our target audience being youths aged approximately between 15-24 I primarily asked people who fit into this category, here is what they came up with:

Katy (Aged 15):
Q1. Yes - black and white provides an authentic appeal; strips the band down - natural effect. The indie adverts that I have seen in the past normally feature boys.
Q2. Yes - Indie clothing, especially the hat. Long hair and beards make them look indie.
Q3. I don't think it would necessarily catch my attention straight away if I were to see it for the first time because it seems a tiny bit dull. However, the four lights are effective and provides a stage setting. The font is also bold making it eye-catching; the font is also quite 'normal' and not too 'snazzy' like the fonts featured on mainstream pop artists' texts, making it suit the indie genre.

Grace (Aged 16):
Q1. Yes - looks authentic. However, the lights beaming maybe unsuitable because indie bands don't normally like to be spotlighted?
Q2. Yes - the band member seem to gel together; the main singer is in the middle, which is normal for a band, he is also identifiably different because he is wearing a hat. The body language of the band shows most of them to be looking else where and not directly into the camera, this shows that they don't necessarily want attention, which I think is common for most indie bands.
Q3. I like the black and white colours with the use of the colour blue as well. I also think that the presence of the reviews makes the text more realistic.

Amy (Aged 15):
Q1. Yes - if you think of bands like N-duz who are more focused on looking like 'stars' in their adverts, this advert contrasts this, which I think works well for the indie genre because they have more of a casual look to them. The clothing that they are wearing are also quite quirky, especially the hat, which helps to make them more individual.
Q2. Yes - they are standing close together showing them to be a unit, which is effective for a band.
Q3. Yes - I like how the lights have a spotlight effect, I also think the colour scheme is good and that the text suits the style of music, as it has quite a 'techno' feel to it.

Ollie (Aged 22):
Q1. It definitely looks indie, which is enhanced by the use of clothing and colouring. I think the hat makes the band look original.
Q2. The use of lighting draws the attention to the band members and shows them to be a group, which adds uniformity. They also look 'cool', which I think is quite important for an indie band.
Q3. I think the use of lighting is good, as it makes it appealing as an indie text because indie isn't about being artificial in terms of bright lights, etc. I think that the use of reviews is also visually effective because it makes it seem realistic and adds to the story of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment