Tuesday 7 December 2010

RC - Editing (7)

Yesterday I managed to play around more with the editing, being that we now only have until tomorrow until our media product is due for completion. It has come to the point where fine tuning is needed plus some minor gaps needing to be filled; throughout the day yesterday I was able to finish one of the car sequences, adding in about 4 more shots.





The last shot in our video is one of the four characters, which were eager to use to aid the finality of our music video. However, you could argue that it does not fit into the storyline where the shots prior to that are of the characters as individuals in different places and it is because of this that yesterday I decided to add an effect to the last shot, so to single it out. I put in a fast blur at the beginning and the end of the shot, so that it contrasts the previous shots to some degree, I also added a fade to black transition at the beginning of this shot. I am still unsure as to whether these additions are suitable but I shall discuss this with my colleagues because although I am uncertain about these particular effects I think they are necessary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I carried on with the editing process, due to having a free first with break time after, and a free second and fourth. I am also planning on coming in at lunch time.

So far I have been able to alter the good boy sequence, where we have contiuously struggled with the quality of this section; I have replaced the last shot (which was of the poorest quality) with two car sequence shots, as I felt this was appropriate in the way that it leads to the next location, which the bad boy is situated in.


I also amended the first car sequence,which I was playing around with yesterday, by re-ordering the shots as I felt that the pattern they were in were not completely right; I still need to discuss this with the rest of my group.

I have also added in another band shot in the last band sequence, to replace part of a previous shot, so that it was in sync; this shot is of the lead singer. However, there is still a synching problem with the guitar in this shot...

I have found that because of my continuous manipulation to the shots it has caused a lot of the video to become out of sync, therefore I have also had to spend a lot of time either extending or condensing particular shots so that they fit the soundtrack, sometimes having to add in more shots.

One cause for concern is the arcade sequence; although this section is of good quality we still feel that in order for it to fit the style of the soundtrack a faster cutting rate is required, as some shots are too prolonged. I have already made one addition, which is a panning MS of the bad girl pushing the bad boy along in a trolley, I added this shot to section at the beginning of the arcade sequence.

I will continue to work on the editing...

No comments:

Post a Comment