Wednesday 17 November 2010

JM - Advert Mock Up

In recent lessons I have been working on a mock up for the band advertisment. This particular advert is designed to run a full page of a rock magazine, most likely NME. I wanted to feature as many of the band members in my ad as possible and using pictures from the internet I created an ad featuring the lead singer and the bassist, as there were not many clear shots of the drummer. This is the ad I created:

Taking the two original images from below, and a plain black background I set about by first removing the bakgrounds of each image of the band members. I then used a brush behind them to create a smokey effect and removed the colour on each band member to make them black and white. Next, I burned round he edges of the band members to make them merge into the background more seemlessly, before adding all the text on the page using standard fonts already on the system. Finally I got logos of all the record companies that The Enemy were associated with at this time to make the advert look more authentic.

1 comment:

  1. CASEY-
    I love the aesthetics of this josh; really thought out. it definitely fits The Enemy and their narrative fuzz... it has no unnecessary elements, just like their professional adverts. The colouring works well too, have you tried it in black and white?

    ReplyDelete