Friday 26 November 2010

RC - Editing (4)

Today and yesterday I have been carrying on with editing whilst the other two have been working on their print texts. In these last couple of days I have only made a few modifications, primarily focusing on improving the synching of the sound track with the video track. I have been successful in some places with this, although it is difficult to sync everything when not all of our footage has been edited or is in the right order. This meant that in some cases I had to cut some of the clips so to allow the music and visuals to be synched correctly.
I noticed that there also some gaps in the soundtrack and in the visuals, which have been caused by our use of the splitting device when doing our editing. I felt that to convene with our editing in the most effective manner it would be best get rid of these blips. I decided to clear the soundtrack from the part where the first split is and to then stretch the left over soundtrack so to go back to its original length. I then had to delete a part of one of the bad boy shots, as I noticed that there was an unintentional jump, where it seems that a part of the clip is missing. I am unsure as to why this occured but I have now altered it.
I added a shot at the very end of video, which I felt would be quite successful as one of our ending shots. This is a clip of all of the four characters together, who have clearly just been out and are now walking home in a drunken nature. I think that a shot of all them together is essential in order to end our narrative in the most effective way.
I have also added a shot to one of the car sequences that comes after the first band sequence. I decided to use a clip that we had filmed on a previous reccie in Tonbridge, as the shots we acquired on our real shoot did not include enough recordings of the car journey. I felt that I could do this because in this shot there is no presence of characters and therfore was no risk in using it. This shot is simply a recording taken from inside car and can be described as a POV shot because it is of someone looking out the front car window. In order for this shot to fit in with the rest of the video I had to adjust the time stretch so that it would fasten considerably. I do think that the inclusion of this shot is successful, although I will have to ask for the opinions of the rest of my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment