Wednesday 17 November 2010

RC - Editing

Yesterday, after Josh's initial editing, both Casey and I had a go at editing ourselves...
We all worked collaboratively to analyse the edited footage we had so far and we came to the conclusion, when refering to our storyboard, that the order of shots were not completely correct, so I decided to mess around with this myself. I felt that in the beginning sequence there were not enough character profile shots of the good girl, as they had all been used in the good girl sequence, therefore I took a couple of the shots from this sequence and incorporated them into the beginning montage sequence, one of the shots incuded the ECU of the good girl putting on lip-gloss. I then added in more shots of the lead singer, in order to build upon his part in the narrative, these included a mid-sideways-shot of him walking, and a mid-frontways-shot of him walking towards the camera. I also put in clips from our animatic of the shots that we wanted of the bad boy, as we have not filmed his sequence yet, so to give us a clear idea of where we wanted them to go, these shots included an ECU of the bad boy banging down his drink and a MS of the bad boy inside/outside the pub. When putting in the ECU of the bad boy's drink I felt that after the lead singer jumped and hit the sign post this would be the perfect place to put in this shot, specifically because it fitted in so well the music track, where at this part the sound had a banging effect. After making these alterations I then had to make sure that everything was still synched and although the amendments made were only minor I felt that they did help slightly.
I look forward to editing again soon.
(still shots to be added...)

No comments:

Post a Comment