Tuesday 23 November 2010

RC - Editing (3)


Yesterday, after capturing the footage from our Hastings shoot, I took it upon myself to make a start on the editing so to incorporate the new shots.
At the moment I do feel that editing is going good, even if some parts are slightly messy and the deadline is quickly looming. In discussion with the rest of my group and our teacher yesterday we decided that our editing process needed more structure to it, as it seems that there is a lack of organisation to the way we edit. We played around with the idea of starting a new timeline, however, we felt that what we had so far would be a shame to waste in terms of time and quality. Therefore we came to the conclusion that when one of us is doing the editing and is not sure what another has last edited we should fill in the gaps by editing the band sequences, as these shots are the thread through our whole music video.
Now that the bad boy shots are available to us I decided that I would begin to compile the bad boy sequence. My first task was to go through all the shots that were relevant to this sequence and to split them so that they were of the right time length and did not include any uneccessary footage. I then had to decide which shots were the best in terms of what we wanted to include in our bad boy sequence. Our aim was to create a continuity sequence or atleast similar to this...
Here are stills taken from the bad boy sequence:





I then began to compile (with our new footage) another car sequence that would be placed on the timeline where the chorus begins to play. I started with a sideways MS of myself (the good girl) in the car, banging my hand onto the steering wheel so that it coincided with the lyrics of the song where it says, 'yeah, yeah'. I then added in a few other shots, which included:
  • a MS of the bad boy waving his arm outside the car window
  • a pan shot (whilst driving) of the outside of the arcade
  • an over-the-shoulder shot of myself driving


No comments:

Post a Comment