Thursday 30 September 2010

RC - Challenges we are faced with, continued

Our concept is an ambitious one, due to us needing several locations to fit our storyline. This is why I have decided to research locations for each possible scene...
  • Good girl's house - suburbs, middle class house
  • Bad girl's house - council estate, flat, in town
  • Band practice location for good boy - school location?, town
  • Pub for bad boy - in town, grotty,
  • House party? - in town, abandoned looking house?
  • Drama studio for performance scenes - in school

Although we have these sorts of locations in mind we have haven't actually found ones that replicate these ideas, however, to resolve this dilemma I am going seek out music videos that provide us with inspiration for possible locations and clarify to us what it is we are actually looking for...





All American Rejects -'gives you hell';

-The house shown at the very beginning of the video (0.01-0.03) is of a typical suburban (white picket fence, front lawn...) style, and is a house that I imagine the 'good girl' to live in. Now it is just the case of finding a house similar to this, in our country (not in America like this one), which I think we will find quite difficult. It will be a lot more simple, and easier, if we could find a location like this which is reasonably close to us.


I was watching a video of Jamie T's to his song 'If you got the money' and found that I quite liked the location...
...it is of a club scene, which is the sort of location we visualised for our video. However, getting this sort of location with no budget is nearly impossible, because it would mean us having to hire out a club. I think this is for the better anyway, as having a party which is situated in a house and not a club would be cheaper, plus perhaps more relevant to our concept. Despite this, the reason why I liked this visual image from Jamie T's video is because of the atmosphere created, where the lighting and tone adds to the authenticity and realistic interpretation of a party scene.

(I am also going to add some photos of possible locations I took...)



2 comments:

  1. Casey, for this piece of research I need your help...I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the video we watched in class, the one of which you suggested, which is just people from an A2 media course doing a performance video? As I thought their video would be really useful to analyse - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astronauts and all by the foals :) i love that video, and i agree we need to continue research and it would be invaluable...
    also i was thinking that my house could be an appropriate location? i will have to do a reccie but it is suburban, with that atypical 'family house' look..?

    ReplyDelete